Friday, January 31, 2014

Renee: Wannabe by the Spice Girls


So, for all the energy we all spent loving the Spice Girls, dressing up as them for younger girls' birthday parties (and bemoaning the fact that we always had to be Sporty...no? Just me?) and watching Alan Cumming in the role that would be the crown jewel in his truly brilliant career, I don't really remember devoting nearly enough time to talking about how messed up the song Wannabe really is. 


But this song pretty much defines Renee's role on the show so far. She seems like a truly nice person, but she is so caught up in making sure everyone around her is okay that she's basically sand bagging her own chances. At this point, I don't even think I'd be legitimately surprised to learn she had slipped Juan Pablo an annotated list of the other girls' sexual proclivities (although I would be surprised to learn that anyone on this show is "a real lady").

No comments:

Post a Comment