Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day Two, Amanda


 AmandaWhat is your favorite all-time book and why?The Shack - it's emotional and humbles you.If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?  How would you use it?Teleport - I wish I could go to and from places in the blink of an eye.  It would be so much easier than travelingWhat was the most romantic present you have ever received and why?I was offered a prada bag or the same amount of $$ donated to a charity that we would volunteer at (I went with the second) THE BACHELOR - The next edition of ABC's hit romance reality series, "The Bachelor," returns to ABC for its 17th season in January 2013. (ABC/KEVIN FOLEY) AMANDA  

From her ABC interview:

What is your favorite all-time book and why?
The Shack - it's emotional and humbles you.
What was the most romantic present you have ever received and why?
I was offered a prada bag or the same amount of $$ donated to a charity that we would volunteer at (I went with the second)

Because Sean's "values" (read: religion) are so important to him, I can't help wondering if we're going to see a whole rash of this kind of contestants - contestants who do all kinds of volunteering and just can't wait to brag about it.  While I respect and admire people who volunteer in general, it's not necessarily something I'm looking for in a reality TV contestant (unless it's part of a show-mandated effort to clean up one's image). 

Also, perhaps this is what's keeping me from being in the running to be Sean's betrothed, but I'm not convinced that either the prada bag or the money is a particularly romantic gift. You can't help but feel like she was going to slip that in no matter what question she got asked. ("What kind of animal would I be?  Probably a St. Bernard because I think I'm really good at saving people and I have a flask in my pocket right now.)

We get it Amanda, you're a good person.  Now tell us about how you're not here to make friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment