Sunday, February 10, 2013

To Desiree, an Open Letter

Dear Desiree,

  All joking about Daniella aside, if I were to donate a dictionary to a worthy cause, you would be the recipient I would choose. In the span of five short weeks (or perhaps I mean very, very long - maybe I shouldn't be so hasty to give this dictionary away), I have heard you call yourself awesome and fun. You've said that you "just don't think like other people," and have expressed reverence at your own deep-degree of spirituality. You've touted your strength, your positive outlook, and for reasons that are beyond me, snuck in the fact that you went to a very good school.

  And Desiree, you may be all of those things. You may have leveraged your impoverished childhood into a unique adult perspective and being a great hang. But this week, you called yourself humble. And lady, humble you are not.

  Best wishes,

  Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment